Saving the playlists for posterity.
If i miss a day stick it in a comment and i will add it correctly. Thanks
NB This is NOT official , only a copy of Dicky's/Liz's writing.
The entries marked ** are from the main indie site
I just had to turn on comment verification as comment spam was starting to come in.
Hopefully as comments are limited it will not be a pain

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Thur July 7th

Thursday July 7

The Show

For a very dark day in history we managed to have some fun and I credit our guest. I heard about the events that were taking place and unfolding in London on my drive into the station this morning from Monrovia and was instantly depressed. Liz Warner did the best she could following the story all morning with the limited information that was coming out of England thus far. Discussed the current Dove Soap ad campaign that has been blanketing Los Angeles in the past few days with my guest, knowing where she stood on that issue in advance (I guessed) and we all had a pretty big laugh. Gave away X and Plimsoul tickets and my copy of our guest's book, which she was kind enough to autograph.

The Guests

Writer Liz Tuccillo, who's been on the show before. She's the author (co-author) of the highly successful book, "He's Just Not That Into You", and was one of the writers on the television program "Sex and the City". We are all crazy about her here and consider her part of the MMS family.

The Songs
1 Fatz- War
2 The Who- The Kids Are Alright
3 Dwarves- Salt Lake City
4 Stray Cats- Rumble in Brighton
5 Paul Simon- Kodachrome
6 Cloud Room- Hey Now Now
7 Lemonheads- It's a Shame About Ray
8 Heartbreakers- Born to Lose
9 Pristeens- I'm Devastated
10 Cocksparer- Riot Squad
11 Green Day- Favorite Son
12 Plimsouls- A Million Miles Away
13 X- Some Other Time
14 Billy Bragg- Greetings From the New Brunette
15 Oingo Boingo- Only a Lad
16 Ozzy Osbourne- Crazy Train
17 Clash- Brand New Cadillac
18 The Outlets- Wired
19 Trashcan Sinatras- It's a Miracle
20 Dance Hall Crashers- Shelly
21 Darkbuster- London Town
22 Crowded House- Not the Girl You Think You Are
23 Boomtown Rats- Rat Trap

Trac 1 Just a reminder.
2 Wanted to play some English music.
3 I was thinking about Blag.
4 PRM and possibly my favorite by these guys.
5 Have very fond memories of listening to this song in my mother's '73 Rambler on the AM radio in the metal dashboard.
6 This is a great song, Dick's Pick.
7 Thought I'd throw in a sleepier number.
8 I was chatting with our guest and felt like being a little self-deprecating.
9 The female Ramones, our guest arrived.
10 English Punk.
11 A quick one.
12 Contest time (this is a great song).
13 For the tix.
14 English poet.
15 One for the lads.
16 English mad man.
17 Fun one.
18 This is a song from the album that the band's leader, David Alex Barton, sent me this week (I've owned it in the past several times). It's not one of their classic tracs but it reminds me of touring and flying and I really like it. I'll be playing more from this one.
19 I've recently discovered these guys.
20 In the past we've played the acoustic version of this song. I was in the mood for something uplifting.
21 !!!!.
22 Rosie's request.
23 English out and a bonus into the next hour with a London Calling request.
Peace, Dicky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home