Saving the playlists for posterity.
If i miss a day stick it in a comment and i will add it correctly. Thanks
NB This is NOT official , only a copy of Dicky's/Liz's writing.
The entries marked ** are from the main indie site
I just had to turn on comment verification as comment spam was starting to come in.
Hopefully as comments are limited it will not be a pain

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Thu + Fri Aug 25th + 26th "... great time"

"LLLLLIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Stacey "I like the way you get back at them, by giving them a bigger tip"


THE LOST MIGHTY MORNING EPISODE

It’s the day after the Indie 103 1 celebration. I went. I had a great time. Some of the lad’s from my childhood neighborhood were with me, Gates, and Zoop and El Buck (everyone where I’m from has a nick-name and a drinking problem) I had a great time. The Stella drafts were fantastic. T.K. is the “salt of the earth” real sweet guy. Mr.. Steele was there in all his glory. Some Freddy’s were floating around. I had a great time. Danny Masterson one hell of a guy couldn't’t have been nicer. We had Sib, his wife, Stacey, Chuck and his gal, Sara, Liz Warner. I had a great time. The staff at this joint was pea brained and very lucky I was having a great time. Patrick, Terry his kid, Dawn, The Sales Crew, a Suicide Girl or two. I made it in but barely. I had a great time. At some point Tig Notaro was on the show. I had a great time, but never again. I lost the show. Here are some letters I got on Thursday.


· Thank God you’re back on the air this week- it really sucked without you.Congrats on the show (I know you hate praise but you deserve it). Take care Love, Alessandra

· Hey dickie, check out the commentary by Jim Wallis, from Sojourners
Even Evangelical Christians (like myself) think that Robertson is wrong!
-Kenny P.S. I'm a big fan of Jim Wallis. He's a left-leaning Evangelical who is not afraid to call out the Christian right for their hypocrisy.

· Hey Dick- Franny here. I'm laid off, doing tons of work to my house, so I hear your show all the time. Nice work on the wide variety of songs. Can you squeeze in "Idiots at Happy Hour" sometime-that'll probably fit in your mix. Keep up the good work, and I'll talk to you later

· Dicky & The Gang, YOUR SHOW IS STILL JUST THE BEST…I KNOW I HAVE EMAILED THIS TO YOU BEFORE, BUT MAN…YOU GUYS ARE JUST, WORDS CANNOT EXPLAIN…YOU SHOW IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY GOOD MOOD EVERY MORNING HERE AT WORK.KEEP ON ROCKING…AND NEVER LEAVE US…WE WOULD JUST DIE WITH OUT YOUS GUYS! XOXO, Elma T, Pico Rivera (Who listens to ya while at work in LA)

Elma you are screaming, my head…Dicky
_______________________________
THE SHOW
Chock-A-Block, if ever there was. We had an entire family from a new documentary film I loved, a very famous film maker and one of my favorite local bands plus our weekly Sports Guy came in and well…
THE GUESTS
The Pierson family, In a small and unfair nut-shell that does this doc. film zero justice; they moved to a small Fiji Village for a year opened a movie theatre, showed free movies, filmed there experiences, and released the movie Reel Paradise. John, the father, film-lover, and author who made his money investing in the best independent films of the last 20 years. He directed “Hoop Dreams” His wife Janet the heart of the family, very smart and interesting. Wyatt, sharp 15 year kid. Insisted the village needed to see “Jackass” Georgia, 18 year old daughter. The punkest person I’ve ever had on the show. Had Minor Threat cranking in her CD player and answered my questions with single words like “No” “Wow” and “Duh” I rewarded her by giving her the new Horrorpops CD. Then Peter Segal, the man that made Tommy Boy and The Longest Yard. He’s in town because his deceased pal Chris Farley is getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. A real nice guy. I called him Steven at the end of our chat. I am a Mighty Morning Moron. He was fine with it and said it happens quite a bit. The guys from Run Run Run came in next; they are playing Sunset Junction, and could not be nicer. I like these guys and their band.

1. Vandals - To All the Kids
2. The Bags - Unlock the Cage
3. Paley Bros. - Come Out & Play
4. Go-Go's - Skid marks On My Heart
5. Blue Swede - Hooked On a Feeling
6. X - I'm Coming Over
7. Lucky Boys Confusion - Hey Driver
8. Madness - Shame & Scandal
9. Dirty Looks - Let Go
10. Rachel Robinson - My Dog & Me
11. Death Cab for Cutie - Soul Meets Body
12. Horrorpops - Bring It On
13. Rockpile - Heart
14. Guttermouth - My Girlfriend
15. The Three O’clock - Sorry
16. The Sights – Circus
17. NOFX – We Go Two Jealous Agains
18. White Stripes - Blue Orchid
19. Poi Dog Pondering - Love Vigilantes
20. Run Run Run - Last Sorry
21. Run Run Run - Beach Seat
22. The Beat - Rock N Roll Girl
23. The English Beat - Soul Salvation
24. Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way

Trac
1) A fun short one.
2) These guy’s truly rock.
3) From a new pop comp. my pal Ken gave me.
4) PRM
5) Me and Chuck were discussing this song and I was explaining the power this version had on a five year olds ears coming out of a transistor radio on an AM station.
6) We wanted a short one so we grabbed our fave.
7) Chavy requested.
8) Heavily requested.
9) More Pop.
10) Sent to me that morning.
11) Really likable.
12) Brand new.
13) This kind of morn.
14) Cali style.
15) This one sounded awesome.
16) A great Pick.
17) I like that Mike mentions the important albums of our lives.
18) Some Stripe.
19) Strong song.
20) 21) Our guests.
22) 23) Both Beats.
24) Time to change the batter…
Dicky

LETTER

Hey Dicky: I can't believe you know that Buster Keaton/Fatty Arbuckle moment with the sack of flour! That was Buster Keaton's very first day as a movie actor - Fatty hired him as a side-kick, and that was the first scene he ever shot. "The Butcher Boy", 1917! And it is astounding how hard he takes it. Anyway, thanks for all you do.
We love your show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home