Saving the playlists for posterity.
If i miss a day stick it in a comment and i will add it correctly. Thanks
NB This is NOT official , only a copy of Dicky's/Liz's writing.
The entries marked ** are from the main indie site
I just had to turn on comment verification as comment spam was starting to come in.
Hopefully as comments are limited it will not be a pain

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

"Henry, Do you have a pen ?"

Those in the know..( ie on Rollins mailing list )..
Wednesdays its The Monday Night Team back together again.
Henry , Heidi and Engineer X .

"Mashup of the morning . From Vanilla Ices hard to obtain 2nd lp vs Henry Rollins."


Also from Henrys newsletter;
"About the books. The first one is called Fanatic! I believe I talked about it in the last newsletter but in case I didn't, here's an explanation of what it is. Fanatic! is the very expanded notes from the radio show called Harmony In My Head I was doing last year in Los Angeles on Indie 103.1 FM. I annotated all the songs I played and posted the notes on the website I had for the show. When I took the site down, I got a lot of letters bemoaning the disappearance of the notes. I put them all in one file to send to some of the moaners and when I read through them, I started re-writing and adding and pretty soon the thing had grown by about forty thousand words. I added anecdotes about shows I had seen and some interesting website and label information. One thing lead to another and it became a book. We made a cover with some of the singles from my collection and all the chapter heading pages are graced with rare ticket stubs, flyers, sheet music covers and other stuff from my shelves. It's basically one man jumping up and down about the music he loves. I hope you like it."


So Thursday is Doc and Watusi Rodeo.
Is Friday going to be Steve, Camp Freddy, Rob, Brent, TK, Shovel, wayne, or who

( remember when there were no DJ's :-) )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home