Saving the playlists for posterity.
If i miss a day stick it in a comment and i will add it correctly. Thanks
NB This is NOT official , only a copy of Dicky's/Liz's writing.
The entries marked ** are from the main indie site
I just had to turn on comment verification as comment spam was starting to come in.
Hopefully as comments are limited it will not be a pain

Friday, July 08, 2005

Fri July 8th

Friday Jul 8 The Show

Today was a show I've been waiting to do for a long time. My guest wrote a book that was probably my favorite book ever written about a time and place that is very important to me. I'm not sure if I did the subject justice (in its entirety), but plans have been made to have him back soon and if my show was nine hours long, I'm still not sure it could be properly covered. It is far too complex a subject with far too many facets. A huge regret I had this morning was that I spent little time talking with our other guest who is a friend of the show's and did me a huge favor. Luckily the three of us are long-time friends from back east and no one's feelings were hurt. Phoned the winner of the Chicago trip to see Lollapalooza and gave away Keane tickets in the final moments of the show.

The Guests

Michael Patrick McDonald who wrote the book, "All Souls", about growing up in South Boston (Boston's historical and primarily Irish neighborhood) during the 70s (the era of forced busing) and the 80s (the era of rampant drugs). Christine McCarthy from 90210 and many other TV shows as well as movies you've seen I'm sure. I called her late last night because our scheduled guest cancelled. Michael just happened to be visiting her so she was so kind enough to bring him. Arturo Vega phoned and we discussed the screening of "Rock 'n Roll High School" at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery tonigh. Also a rare in-studio visit from our own Monday Morning Damasheck.

The Songs
1 Dwarves- Another Classic
2 Living End- Short Notice
3 The Outlets- Someday
4 Adolescents- Amoeba
5 Beegees- I've Gotta Get a Message to You
6 Housemartins- Sheep
7 Rise Against- Nervous Breakdown
8 Throwrag- Lil' Danny
9 Epoxies- Synthesizel
10 Descendants- Silly Girl
11 Elefant- Misfit
12 The Fall- O Brother
13 The Cult- Rain
14 Morrisey- The More You Ignore Me
15 Naz- Open My Eyes
16 Ordinary Boys- Boys Will Be Boys
17 Cloud Room- Hey Now Now
18 Ramones- Questioningly
19 Run Run Run- Last One
20 The Katies- Power Kiss
21 Donna Summer- Heaven Knows

Trac 1 Blag is coming in again next week.
2 I told you I love this song. There are many other greats by these Australians and I'll eventually get to them.
3 Another one from my homeboys. This one's a classic.
4 PRM. They might be coming in next week as well.
5 True hooligans and a song about being on death row.
6 Requested by Liz. Delivered by Chavez.
7 From the movie "Dogtown". Classic cover. Friday of next week tentative all-covers show.
8 The folks from BYO left me this disc. We love it.
9 By request.
10 A request as well.
11 Wanted to hear something current.
12 Then I didn't.
13 A little Rock 'n Roll.
14 Not so much.
15 The lyrics in this song are inspirational, somehow.
16 My new favorite band.
17 My other new favorite band.
18 AV phones in.
19 Local lads, Xander and the boys, have been on the show before.
20 Pure Power Pop.
21 Dorchester Disco to end the week. Have a nice weekend, Dicky


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home