Saving the playlists for posterity.
If i miss a day stick it in a comment and i will add it correctly. Thanks
NB This is NOT official , only a copy of Dicky's/Liz's writing.
The entries marked ** are from the main indie site
I just had to turn on comment verification as comment spam was starting to come in.
Hopefully as comments are limited it will not be a pain

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Tue Aug 30th

The Show
This one was a lot of fun for reasons I can’t truly explain. Because of the recent week off, our “booking stride” was a bit clipped, so we came up sort of short with someone to tattoo today. What we did was go to our long list of MightyMorningShow listeners who have expressed interest in the possibility of someday being tattooed on the show. We pulled a name, called the person, and they agreed to get tattooed. We also played Chuck’s Emimen/Dead or Alive/multiple artists mash-up this morning. We gave away three chances to be on the Flaming Lips three-day rock n’ roll, sea cruise to Ensenada. We inadvertently had a great time despite it all.

The Guests
Indie listener Graham Reynolds. A California-raised (Diamond Bar) Yankees fan and an Arizona State college student. Captain Dave from Studio City Tattoo Parlor tattooed him. The tattoo was Anubis, an Egyptian dog/man we were calling Jar-Jar Binks. Graham was a really nice guy we enjoyed hanging out with him. Dave is one of three return Tatuesday artists and a talented and nice guy. We also talked with Dave the Bullet Smith, a daredevil that gets fired from an enormous canon into a net. Also former Goldfinger guitarist

THE SONGS
1. SSD - Wasted Youth
2. Rolling Stones - Respectable
3. Darkbuster - London Town
4. Sonic Youth - 100%
5. Jack Jones - Sweet Gingerbread Man
6. Bim Skala Bim - Run Joe
7. Atlantics - Lonely Hearts
8. Rikk Agnew - It's Tatuesday
9. Madness - Shame & Scandal
10. House of Freaks - You'll Never See the Light of Day
11. Dandy Warhols - Smoke It
12. Wax Apples - Religion
13. Eels - Trouble With Dreams
14. 20/20 - Yellow Pills
15. Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
16. Go Betty Go - Saturday
17. Bad Brains - Sailin' On
18. Paley Brothers - Come Out and Play
19. Horrorpops - Where They Wander
20. Elvis Costello - Green Shirt
21. Run Run Run - Backseat
22. Chuck P. - You Spin Without Me
23. Weirdos - 7 and 7 is
24. Love - 7 and 7 is
25. Dead or Alive - Brand New Lover
26. Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
27. Jack Jones - The Impossible Dream

Trac
1) Historical colonial HardCore for the second day in a row.
2) Some Girls, is an underrated masterpiece.
3) Best punk album I’ve heard in a long time.
4) PRM
5) This is a song that made me very happy when I was very young.
6) By request, but I didn’t have the specific trac.
7) I love the drum and base combo in this little known new wave one.
8) Our second day of the work-week theme song.
9) By request.
10) Rhino sent me two from these two and I was without any knowledge of their existence until then.
11) I feel like I’m being held hostage by this trac—It’s phenomenal.
12) Unreleased WA’s
13) Someone was up for this one.
14) Strong piece of local history.
15) We gave away cruise tix.
16) I’ve yet to receive the full length.
17) The tight production of this one blows my mind.
18) Found this on a power pop comp. and can’t stop playing it.
19) A request, I lost my new HoP.
20) A demo that displays the genius of these lyrics and the vocal melody really well.
21) Xander’s bander.
22) Liz read a story about Marshall’s rehab, so we played my boy’s mash (nice work I’m playing this one again on Thursday).
23) Killer cover.
24) Killer song.
25) And now we’re flying.
26) Don’t stop us.
27) And the big finish … the Unreachable Star …
Dicky.

THE LETTERS
Hi, I called yesterday morning about the REALLY FAMILIAR chords in Bustin up a Starbucks. Try as I may, I listened to the CD I thought the same music was on by Anna Voog...could still be as didn't listen to everything thru.
Point is, it's a definite copy of chords up until he sings the chorus about Starbucks. Just sorry that I can't remember where I heard it.Great show by the way...I really love you.
Andrea

It's P.J. Harvey!!!! Down by the water
Can they do that? Is this called sampling? Andrea

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home