Saving the playlists for posterity.
If i miss a day stick it in a comment and i will add it correctly. Thanks
NB This is NOT official , only a copy of Dicky's/Liz's writing.
The entries marked ** are from the main indie site
I just had to turn on comment verification as comment spam was starting to come in.
Hopefully as comments are limited it will not be a pain

Monday, July 11, 2005

Mon July 11th


The Show
I want to start by thanking everyone for all of the positive feedback I got from having Michael Patrick McDonald on the show Friday. His MIghtyMorningShow appearance generated more positive emails than any other guest in the past. He also, I'm sure, appreciates everyone that said they "stopped by the bookstore or went to Amazon.com" to "buy his book", "All Souls". We will have him on the show again when he returns to work on the movie version of A.S. It was Stacey's (Party Girl) birthday. I got her a pair of sneakers that didn't fit. I started the show by giving her what she called "the best birthday present" I fell running down the hall. I wiped out in a pair of flip-flops skinning both my knees moments before the start of the show. Gave away Oslo tickets and my copy of our guest's book signed by the author and me.

The Guests
Heather King, who wrote the book "Parched, the true story of an alcoholic that grew up in New Hampshire, was able to obtain a law degree, but never practiced law because of her alcoholism. She is also the sister of Joe King from the legendary punk rock band, The Queers. She was very interesting to talk with and I enjoyed reading her book. Kevin P. Stevenson of the Shods called. He was having difficulty finding an address for the station.

The Songs
  1. Frank Zappa- Whatever Happened to All the Fun
  2. Devo- Beautiful World
  3. U2- Beautiful Day
  4. Rascals- Beautiful Morning
  5. Lou Reed- Perfect Day
  6. Ordinary Boys- Boys Will Be Boys
  7. The The- This Is the Day
  8. Shods- A Drink to Forget
  9. Rose Tattoo- Nice Boys Don't Play Rock 'N Roll
  10. Bright Eyes- Take 1
  11. Boomtown Rats- Rat Trap
  12. Tiger Army- Temptation
  13. Hagfish- Walking in LA
  14. Joe Jackson- Throw it Away
  15. Queers- Teenage Glue Sniffer
  16. Foo Fighters- Miracle
  17. 22 20's- Devil In Me
  18. Queers- Next Stop Rehab
  19. Bram Tchaikovsky- Girls of My Dreams
  20. Fenix TX- Phoebe Cates
  21. Killers- Indie Rock 'N Roll
  22. Birdbrain- She's Always Glowing
  23. Rolling Stones- Dead Flowers
  24. Jesus and Mary Chain- Between Planets
  25. Madness- Shame and Scandal
  26. Gary Floyd/Mushroom- Compared to What
Trac 1 Kicked the show off with some spoken Zappa.
2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 The weekend was so beauitful weather-wise and I imagined today's weather would be the same. Say what you will. 3 Is an incredible song so are 2, 4, 5, and 7 for that matter. 6 My weekly pick.
8 Phone call from an old friend.
9 and on into a little Australian, boogie-woogie, hard Rock 'N Roll.
10 This is a great sounding song.
11 By request. I love this band.
12 Some modern day Psychobilly Punk Rock.
13 Friday is more than likely going to be all covers day.
14 A great one from a great one.
15 Song from my guest's brother's band about the one and only Johnny Rioux who is now a Street Dog.
16 New Foo.
17 New Bluesy Indie Rock that Chuck has been interested in turning me onto. I like it a lot.
18 Another from the guest's brother.
19 Huge over-the-top 80's Pop song.
20 Lesser-known modern day Punk band I like.
21 A great request.
22 This band is terrific. Chavez hipped me up to them.
23 A great song from the era of movie making I consider to be the best.
24 I defy anyone to not enjoy this song.
25 A possible Pick contender.
26 This version of this incredible song is amazing. Don't be surprised if I end the show like this again sometime.
Have a beautiful day, Dicky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home