Saving the playlists for posterity.
If i miss a day stick it in a comment and i will add it correctly. Thanks
NB This is NOT official , only a copy of Dicky's/Liz's writing.
The entries marked ** are from the main indie site
I just had to turn on comment verification as comment spam was starting to come in.
Hopefully as comments are limited it will not be a pain

Monday, August 01, 2005

Mon Aug 1st

THE SHOW

The show was a nice way to start off the week. I spent the morning, for the most part, talking with my guests about a charity event I’m hosting on Friday night. The Elixir Fund is an organization dedicated to improving the comfort and care of cancer patients and their families. Annual Fundraising Event at the Skirball Cultural Center, August 5th, 2005. Silent and Live Auction that I’ll be the Auctioneer at.

THE GUESTS
Meg McQuarrie, a founder of the Elixir fund, and a delightful, warm hearted woman. David Deluise, son of show business legend Dom. Dave's also Meg’s close friend, an actor, and a great radio show guest. We called his father, it was Dom’s birthday, what a thrill to talk to him. Very entertaining people, and a nice time.

THE MUSIC
1. Lucky Robot - Never the Less Man
2. Descendants - Coffee mug
3. Lucky Boys Confusion - Hey Driver
4. Tsar - Kathy Fong is the Bomb
5. Black Flag - Gimme Gimme Gimme
6. Janis Joplin - Me n' Bobby McGee
7. Bob Mould - I am Vision, I am sound
8. Passion Puppets - Like Dust
9. Dance Hall Crashers - Nothing Left to Say
10. UFO - I am a Loser
11. Suggs & Jools Holland - Oranges & Lemons
12. The Donnas - You Don't Want to Call
13. Archers of Loaf - Web in Front
14. Strawberry Switchblade - Poor Hearts
15. Husker Du - Green Eyes
16. The LA's - Son of a Gun
17. The Specials - Concrete Jungle
18. Darius - Sandy
19. The Katies - Powerkiss
20. The Lambretta's - Dance
21. Agent Orange - Bloodstains
22. Placebo - Johnny & Mary
23. The Stills - Allison Krause
24. The Zeros - Sticky Sweet Girls
25. Greg Dulli - Please Mr. Postman
26. Jason & the Scorchers - Golden Ball & Chain
27. The Members- Working Girl
28. Southside Johnny & Asbury Jukes – Trapped Again

A very special show musically. I asked Chavez, who sends me so many of the songs I play every morning, to put together the entire playlist. Almost all of the tracs he selected. Many I would have pulled myself. Some were pleasant surprises. The morning sounded great. He has impeccable musical (it seems to mirror mine)
These are the only tracs Chavez didn’t pick
1) For laughs
2) A nice morning shortie
4) PRM
5) I dedicated this to Chavy
28) He picked a different S-side J. I was dying to hear this one –

I’m trying to catch up Dicky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home