Saving the playlists for posterity.
If i miss a day stick it in a comment and i will add it correctly. Thanks
NB This is NOT official , only a copy of Dicky's/Liz's writing.
The entries marked ** are from the main indie site
I just had to turn on comment verification as comment spam was starting to come in.
Hopefully as comments are limited it will not be a pain

Friday, July 22, 2005

Fri July 22nd

THE SHOW
What a great show "chock-a-block" full as Liz likes to say. We dedicated the MightyMorningShow to Jonesy's Jukebox. Steve Jonesâ's show was named "Best Radio Show in Los Angeles" by Los Angeles Magazine (I name that mag. "The Best Magazine in the World Named after a City) and they're right. Indie 103 1 would be no where without Steve Jones. We called a woman from PETA (People for The Ethical Treatment of Animals) She wrote me to tell me she would be protesting The Ringling Brothers Circus. According to her, and I also think it's true, "circus animals are badly mistreated" I'm, old school I'm all for tradition but animals in captivity for our personal entertainment, and amusement, seems barbaric, primitive, and unnecessary. The lady was very nice, funny, and passionate about "Animal Rights" I discussed getting out of a traffic ticket because the officer was a MightyMorningShow fan (true) We gave away Lottery tickets, the amount is a record setting 172 million dollars

THE GUESTS
The modern day New Wave band The Epoxies came in. They were really charming, and I'm a big fan of their latest album. The legendary front man from the Psychedelic Furs, Richard Butler called us. I'm a huge fan of his band, so it was a thrill to talk with him. Joe Gittleman, and Lawrence Katz, my pals, and fellow Bosstones, co-hosted the show. They were very funny, and fun to have on board

THE SONGS
1. Lawrence Katz - You're a Dick
2. The Jam - Boy About Town
3. The Shins - Celibate Life
4. Sonic Youth - Stones
5. Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe
6. Gang of Four - Essence Rare
7. The Dickies - You Drive Me Ape
8. The Music - Breakin'
9. Devo - Come Back Johnny
10. Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
11. Ben Kweller - Falling
12. The B52's Devils in My Car
13. The Tender Box - Mister sister
14. The Buggles - Clean Clean
15. Psychedelic Furs - Pulse
16. Avoid One Thing - Lean on Sheena
17. The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Barry's Bones
18. Epoxies - Synthesized
19. Epoxies- Radiation
20. Aquabats - Waterslides
21. Epoxies - Everything looks Beautiful on Video
22. Ordinary Boys - Boys Will Be Boys
23. The Living End - Short Notice
24. Red Rockers - China
25. The Cars - Movin' in Stereo

Tracs 1) to 25) (with some exceptions) I was in a New Wave mood
1) Song writer, musician, Bosstone, he's been on the show before. I inspired this song he told me.
2) Van Stone didn't know this band when I promised a caller yesterday I'd play them today
3) Short, and sweet. Can give you a cavity.
4) PRM and by request too.
5) Over the top. What was going on that decade? I was high then.
6) A guy called in and thanked me for turning him on to this band. He didnâ't know how he missed them when they made these albums (perhaps high?)
7) A request. Local legends.
8) If you name your band this you better be good.
9) He got in a Datsun, and drove out on the expressway.
10) Yoshimi can make me cry.
11) Just say "hello" to the ground.
12) Wise now to the New Wave, a request came in for some Two's.
13) My pick of the week.
14) A lesser hit with no historical significance.
15) Mr. Butler rang.
16) Joe's band
17) A very rare "demo"
18) 19) 21) our guests arrive
20) Guest request. On the road together.
21) Played this for Joe
22) Played this for L. Buck.
23) Joe and I hung out with these New Orleanders when we were kids.
24) Moody, Boston, New Wave.
Have a nice weekend. Dicky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home