Saving the playlists for posterity.
If i miss a day stick it in a comment and i will add it correctly. Thanks
NB This is NOT official , only a copy of Dicky's/Liz's writing.
The entries marked ** are from the main indie site
I just had to turn on comment verification as comment spam was starting to come in.
Hopefully as comments are limited it will not be a pain

Friday, August 05, 2005

Fri Aug 5th

THE SHOW
This one went really well. Get yourself a morning radio show you meet the nicest people. We had actors, comedians, television stars, rock stars, and they were all very nice. We talked early on about the Elixir Auction fund raiser I was hosting later that evening at the Skirball Cultural Center. Elixir is an organization dedicated to making people undergoing cancer treatment as comfortable as possible. Elixirfund.org for more details. No Monday Morning Damasheck, perhaps Monday?

THE GUESTS
No shortage here. Two really funny lads from a Chicago based comedy troupe called Competitive Awesome (competitiveawesome.com) did a really sweet comedy skit for us. Very entertaining. They brought with them a good friend of the MightyMorningShow Carlos Alazraqui, from Reno 911. He is an endlessly funny man and a great guy. John Easedale from the band Rodney on the ROQ put on the map Dramarama. A very sweet man from a terrific band. We got a couple of phone call. One from Twisted Sister front man Dee Snyder, and the other from big time movie star Mark Wahlberg. Mark’s new film is called Four Brothers

THE SONGS

1. Rancid - Blacklisted
2. Lyres - What a Girl Can Do
3. The Motels - Total Control
4. Murphy's Law - I Got A right
5. Looking Glass - Jimmy Loves Mary Jane
6. Toots and The Maytals - 54-46 was Her number
7. Ian Dury - Reasons to Cheerful, pt 3
8. Husker Du - Could you be the One
9. Ween - It's Gonna be a Long Night
10. Graham Parker - Discovering Japan
11. Pennywise- Disconnect
12. Modern Lovers - Roadrunner
13. Bob Mould - I am Vision, I am Sound
14. Dramarama - Anything Anything
15. Dramarama - Everybody Dies
16. Dramarama - Haven't got a Clue
17. Dramarama - Scenario
18. David Johansson - Melody
19. American Hi - Fi - Maybe Won't Do
20. Dead Milkmen - Message to You Rudy
21. Dandy Warhols - Smokin' It
22. Descendents - I'm the One
23. Alice Cooper - How you Gonna See Me Now

Trac
1) A quick one from my Berkley buddies
2) A waker and a shaker
3) Might be my fave, by them. Very passionate, and atmospheric. Love the vox.
4) PRM Jimmy loves Iggy.
5) From the folks that served us Brandy
6) Carlos wanted to hear this one
7) Chavez sent me some Blockheads.
8) The Mould after-shocks are still being felt.
9) I just love how this rocks, it sounds like they’re having fun.
10) Some Punky Power Pop. (New Wave) Really well written.
11) Give it up for the locals.
12) I’ve got the power of the A.M. I’ve got the power of Massachusetts, with the radio on.
13) Pick
14) 15) 16) 17) My Guest
18) For my guests daughter. She loves Dramarama and the Bosstones. Her name is Melody.
19) My best to my pal’s
20) Cover Your Ass Song of The Week. We played this for Sara.
21) This song is fucking fierce.
22) Answer to 8.
23) I love this, I hate it, I love it I hate it. It sure makes me sad.

Dicky

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This show Rocked! Those two guys were amazingly funny! Real good stuff.

Friday, August 19, 2005 1:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Competitive Awesome rules! And so does Carlos. You guys were awesome!

Friday, September 16, 2005 1:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is Competitive Awesome going to be on again?
Please let us know...they are so damn funny!

Thursday, October 13, 2005 9:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard Carlos was on the other day for a little...where is Competitive Awesome! Get those two guys back on the air!!!!!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 11:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home