Saving the playlists for posterity.
If i miss a day stick it in a comment and i will add it correctly. Thanks
NB This is NOT official , only a copy of Dicky's/Liz's writing.
The entries marked ** are from the main indie site
I just had to turn on comment verification as comment spam was starting to come in.
Hopefully as comments are limited it will not be a pain

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Thur Aug 4th

Billy Zoom

THE SHOW
I loved this one. Just what I needed following yesterdays show. I gave away some movie passes. I talked with Mr. Haskell, a former childhood educator who’s somehow reentered my life. Played some great music, and had some really interesting guests, precisely how I want every Thursday morning to go. I bought 5 new sets of headphones (I went out of pocket) for TheMightyMorningShow crew and our guests. Chuck said I got some good ones. I dream of a day when, like other radio programs, we don’t discuss headphones we just wear them.

THE GUESTS

Film Maker John Dahl (The Last Seduction, Rounders, Red Rock West, and his new one The Great Raid) came by we discussed modern day poker and WWII. A truly fascinating guest that I could have sat with for hours. Erin accompanied him from AFI (The American Film Institution) who like the entire AFI crew (and the MMS crew as well) has a real passion for great films and great filmmakers. We also spoke with local guitar legend, Billy Zoom. I was excited to have him on the show and surprised at how relaxed and candid he was. What a great guest

SONGS
1. The Libertines - Mayday
2. Mink Deville - Mixed up Shook up Girl
3. Michael Stanley - He Can't Love You
4. The Police - Next to you
5. Lulu - To Sir With Love
6. Greenhorns- I'm Going Away
7. Bob Mould - I am Vision I am Sound
8. Ramones - Pet Cemetery
9. Cracker - Happy Birthday to Me
10. Rainbow - Since You've been Gone
11. Bright Eyes - Take it Easy
12. Run Run Run - Last Song
13. Necromantix - Brought Back to Life
14. The Blasters - Marie Marie
15. Elvis Costello - Mystery Dance
16. Angry Samoans - Todd Killings
17. Social D - Don't Take Me For Granted
18. Rival Schools - Used For Glue
19. New Model Army _ Bittersweet
20. The Libertines - Up The Bracket
21. X- Some Other Time
22. Gene Vincent - Race With The Devil
23. X - In This House That I call Home
24. X - Los Angeles
25. Rolling Stones - Girl With the Far Away Eyes
26. George Harrison - What is Life


Trac
1) Thought I’d kick it off with a little Pee-Dot’s this morning.
2) This song can make me cry. When he says “take a breath…” and then he does.
3) This one will give you cavities. Everything that was both wrong and right about the 80’s.
4) PRM
5) Played this for Stacey I love her voice in this song.
6) New band, very likeable.
7) My pick
8) Played this for Liz
9) By request, a twin’s birthday
10) Another overblown 80’s song
11) Great sounding new song
12) local boys love that Xander
13) Old Mantix, waiting for the new
14) By request and a sweet request it is
15) Great song, Great album. Classic.
16) Playing this weekend
17) By request
18) Really nice sounding stuff
19) Seminal
20) More Pee-Dots
21) and 23) and 24) my guest …
22) his request
25) We both agreed on this one
26) A favorite by a favorite…

and tell me oh what is life? Dicky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home